Monday, May 16, 2016

Current To-Dos, May 2016

I have a few projects that are on my short list, all of which will be very useful this summer.


I bought this oh-so-soft rayon from IndieSew not too long ago. It's a loose, almost gauzy weave. It's very lightweight and I imagine will be very nice to wear on a hot day. I'm really leaning towards buying the Sutton Blouse pattern by True Bias, but I might see if I have something else I already own that will work well. I want something with sleeves so it's more work-appropriate but I need something that works with my yardage, too.


Well, that's not an exciting picture, but I also bought this olive twill on a whim to get free shipping for my last fabric order. I'm going to make a pair of short based on the Colette Clover pattern. I've done it before but they're weren't super wearable. I'm hoping to learn enough from the Craftsy pants sloper class to nail it this time.


And finally, I bought this coral rayon challis (link) to make another summery top. There will be more info on this in a few weeks or so. I'm very happy with this fabric so far. It washed up very nicely. I haven't started cutting it or anything, so we'll see how it behaves, but so far so good.

I feel like I'm getting a better sense of what types of patterns and fabrics work for me lately, even though I haven't been sewing much. I've slowly been working through the Wardrobe Architect series from Colette Patterns and have been trying to be very mindful of what I buy. My fabric stash is mainly fabric that I have very specific plans for or really, really like. I could probably minimize it even more, but I'm not quite ready for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment