Thursday, May 28, 2009

Browsing Registries

My (little) brother is getting married this August. I was taking a look at their registry and thought about how interesting it is to look at what people have picked out for themselves. Whenever I hear that someone I know, even slightly, is getting married, I try to find their registry. Does anyone else do this? I feel a little stalkerish, but it's fun. You can see what someone's taste is, how well they put things together (or don't), and sometimes how well tastes or ideas are combined between bride and groom.

In this case, however, I am supposed to look, so yay! And then I start looking for other things, putting my own twist on their style... but that's mostly all daydreaming. I tend to "shop" for things I can't afford. This, though, is cute:


And it's only $28. The brother and fiancee are doing all sorts of bright colors, especially orange in the kitchen. This has that accent of orange that really stands out against the blue, and it doesn't even need flowers! I have several vases that rarely get used, but they're clear. Clear = hard to use as empty accessories. Hmmm...

And on a(nother) side note, looking at their registry makes me miss all my stuff. I've been living with my parents since August, and I can't wait to be back in my own home with my boy and all of our things. I'm super grateful for my parents, and my mom has some stuff that I don't have, but it's hers. It also makes me remember registering and how I would revise some of that if I were to do it over again today. Did I really need to register for a pineapple corer/slicer?!


1 comment:

  1. I'm a registry stalker too... for the same reasons. So fun! I feel the same way living with my parents while we work on our house. It has been 7 months now and I miss my stuff in my own home.

    A pineapple corer? Why don't I have one of those??? : )

    ReplyDelete