Monday, January 17, 2011

The Vacation Routine

Well, we're home. I've been busy trying to settle back into daily life, and I'm trying to make a few things to put into my Etsy shop (I took out the Christmas stuff and now it's even smaller than it was!)

Vacation itself was 6 days at the snow - Truckee, CA, near Lake Tahoe. My husband and I rented a cabin with my parents and my brother and sister-in-law. It was absolutely wonderful to have a break where we could just relax. A typical day went like this: wake up. eat breakfast. sit around for a while, maybe do some crocheting. change into snow clothes and go sledding. eat lunch. watch movies and crochet. eat dinner. play a game or watch a movie.


I spent quite of bit of time on vacation just working on WIPs; will share about those later (ie, after I take some pics). My mom and I also (very fun) taught my sister-in-law how to crochet! If we'd had Internet access we would have tried learning to knit, but the crocheting was fun. There was a local yarn shop that we stopped by called Lake Tahoe Yarn Company. They were super helpful and had some lovely yarns. I spent a ton of time trying to decide what to get. Or rather, what not to get (as previously mentioned, I'm rather indecisive.) If you're in the area, you should definitely stop there.

All in all, quite a nice way to spend a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment