Monday, February 16, 2009

Flowers

Yesterday involved quite a bit of flower arranging, which is something I enjoy doing. I can't say that I'm much good at it, but as long as I'm given something decent to work with, it works out fine.

I'd love to take a class on flower arranging someday.

Flowers for a meeting at my dad's store tomorrow night - white and yellow alstroemeria and greenery

Flowers for my grandma, who made us dinner last night - white alstroemeria with yellow roses, some little pink flower I don't know, and greenery including eucalyptus - which I love, but you can't see in this picture

A little bouquet for the house made from the early spring flowers in the yard - Camellias (isn't that bud delicious?), azaleas, and some pinkish/purple fuzzy thing (as you can tell, my floral knowledge is kind of limited). It's in this cool container that my mom picked up at Butchart Gardens on a vacation stop. It's a small glass dish with lots of little holes in it for individual stems - it might have a name, but I don't know it.

And finally, roses for my mom, who just got back from Africa today after 2 weeks there with a missions group

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! And I love that you called one of the flowers a "fuzzy thing". Ha ha...

    ReplyDelete